Cosmetics matter to people and play an important role in everyday life. Ingredients are the core of these products and people want to know more about them.
Cosmetics Europe is committed to providing ingredient information to European citizens in a simple and easily accessible way.
In the digital world we live in, there’s a deluge of information on cosmetics on the internet. However, it can be difficult to know which sources are reliable.
Cosmetics Europe has launched COSMILE Europe, a European cosmetic ingredient database that offers reliable, verified and scientifically supported information on almost 30,000 ingredients used in cosmetics.
The database will help people understand why certain ingredients are in their cosmetic products, which properties they have and much more. The database is currently available in 14 European languages with more to come.
This Cosmetics Europe initiative has been developed in partnership with the German Cosmetic, Toiletry, Perfumery and Detergent Association (IKW), in collaboration with the French Fédération des Entreprises de la Beauté (FEBEA) and with the technological development support of health&media GmbH.
The initiative benefits from the involvement of 18* Cosmetics Europe national association members. This includes translation of the database and website content into respective national language(s) and promotion of the initiative at the national level.
To search the database, click the banner below.
*The 18 Cosmetics Europe national association members involved in the project until now are:
- Association of the Austrian Chemical Industry (FCIO)
- Association of Detergents and Cosmetics Producers and Importers of Serbia (KOZMODET)
- Belgian - Luxembourg Association for manufacturers and distributors of cosmetics, detergents, cleaning products, adhesives and sealants, biocides, related products and aerosol technology (DETIC)
- Bulgarian National Association Essential Oils, Perfumery and Cosmetics (BNAEOPC)
- Cosmetica Italia, the Italian Association of Cosmetics Industry
- Dutch Cosmetics Association (NCV)
- Finnish Cosmetic and Hygiene Industry Association (Kosmetiikka- ja hygieniateollisuus ry)
- German Cosmetic, Toiletry, Perfumery and Detergent Association (IKW)
- Hungarian Cosmetic and Home Care Association (KOZMOS)
- Lithuanian Cosmetics and Household Chemicals Producers Association (LIKOCHEMA)
- Polish Association of Cosmetics and Detergent Industry (PACDI)
- Polish Union of Cosmetics Industry (Kosmetyczni)
- Romanian Union of Cosmetics and Detergent Manufacturers (RUCODEM)
- Spanish Cosmetics, Toiletry and Perfumery Association (STANPA)
- Swiss Cosmetics and Detergent Association (SKW)
- The French Federation for Beauty Companies (FEBEA)
- The Hellenic Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (PSVAK)
- UK Cosmetic, Toiletry & Perfumery Association (CTPA)